JOAN GINÉ BLANC
The proof of what can be done.
White Grenache (70%), Macabeu (20%), Viognier and Pedro Ximénez (10%). Vineyards over 40 years old, located in Gratallops.
Type of soil
“Llicorella”, Slate from the carboniferous period.
Between 10 and 14ºC.
Bright yellow colour. On the nose, aromas of fresh citrus fruits and white flowers. Very expressive at taste, showing flavours of stone fruits such as pear and peach, lemon flavours and tropical fruits such as Litchi; honeysuckle, chamomile, and a hint of ginger adds subtle spiciness. With a mineral background, ripe, unctuous and fleshy in mouth. A very intense wine of remarkable personality, with volume and vibrant acidity, and a wide and structured palate.
LATEST Awards: 2019 VINTAGE
- Dr. Owen Bargreen, 2022: 93 points
- Wine Spectator 2021: 91 points.
- Guía Peñín 2022: 90 points.
- Asia Wine Trophy 2022: Gold Medal.
- Vinous by Josh Raynolds 2021: 92 points.
- International Wine Challenge 2021: 91 points.
- A View from the Cellar, Issue 98, 2021: 90 points.
«This expressive medium-bodied white offers glazed peach, chamomile, honeysuckle and almond notes, underpinned with spice, heather and wet stone elements. A vibrant, well integrated acidity gives this focus and energy. Drink now through 2024.”
– Wine Spectator, November 2021