Enjoy it slowly, with all five senses…
Grenache and Carignan from Century-old bush vines.
Type of soil
Llicorella, Slate of the Carboniferous period.
Between 16 and 18ºC.
«A fruit forward blend of Garnacha and Carignan, offering interesting layers. Aromas of boysenberry, forest bark and green moss, raspberry, toasted fennel seed, vanilla, and menthol. On the palate we find integrated primary flavors of tobacco leaf, bright red fruits, elegant grandfatherly tannin, and dark forest. Structurally big yet smooth on the palate. Enjoy now or see how it changes in 10 years.”
International Wine Report, 2022
Awards: 2012 & 2013 VINTAGES
- Berliner Wein Trophy 2022: Gold Medal, 2013 vintage.
- Premis Vinari 2022: Gold, «Vinari d’Or», 2013 vintage.
- Guía Peñín 2022: 92 points, 2013 vintage.
- International Wine Report, 2022: 94 points, 2012 vintage.
- Wine & Spirits, 2021: 94 points, 2012 vintage.
- Dr. Owen Bargreen, 2021: 93 points, 2012 vintage.
- International Wine Challenge, 2019: 90 points, 2012 vintage.
- Gilbert & Gaillard: Gold Medal 95 points
«This wine ages in French oak and longer in bottle, with a later release. It’s used that time develop a schist-and-blueberry grandeur, the tannins still powerful, though cushioned by the fruit, the fragrance lasting with berries and herbal richness».
– Wine & Spirits, 2021 Top 100 wines and wineries, on 2012 vintage